Content Marketing Manager
Create dynamic stories through photo and video
The Content Marketing Manager is a role perfect for someone who is passionate about storytelling and creating engaging content to be viewed across social media, web and commercial platforms. This role is expected to have expertise in media best practices across all content platforms. Responsibilities in this role includes budgeting, scheduling, vendor management, talent management and locations. In addition to managing projects that we produce with partners, this role is hands on in the daily content creation. We are looking for someone who loves taking and editing photos and videos. Most of the content this person produces will be used to fuel social media and digital advertising campaigns. This role requires a passion for brand building and storytelling through photo and video mediums.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategy and tactics across key channels including digital apps, email, .com experiences, paid media and social.
- Current understanding of the latest content trends across digital marketing- especially social media. Actively researches and stays current on what top brands are doing across digital.
- Can dissect a brand’s social media content and articulate the content strategy being used.
- Strong photography and video skills:
- Manages the full production cycle, including pre-production and post-production, editing.
- Can simultaneously provide direction to talent and assistants while filming/shooting
- Experienced in the editing room- can work with Lightroom and Premiere Pro with little supervision.
- Can adapt different styles of photography and video that is in line which the clients voice, brand and overall creative direction.
- Contributes to the creative direction on client’s content strategies- can provide ideas and input on how to create engaging video and photo content.
- Experience or interest in the CPG industry- especially better-for-you, healthy, organic and natural products as well as active lifestyle/outdoor brands.
- Comfortable creating content with live talent as well as product shots.
A day in the life of the Content Marketing Manager:
- Works closely with the Digital Brand Specialist and Creative Director to understand what type of content is needed to fuel the digital campaigns. Checks assigned tasks in Asana and prioritizes time accordingly to meet all deadlines. Creates a content production calendar with the Digital Brand Specialist.
- Sets aside time each week to create content. This includes getting out into the field to capture lifestyle content and working in a studio. Comes up with creative ways to showcase client brands through photo and video. Understands what type of shots are needed which will help create compelling stories in the editing room.
- Manages remote and local contractor content producers- provides them direction and aligns their work/schedule with the overall production calendar.
- Edits photos and videos to completion. Can add music and motion graphics as needed to support the creative vision for content.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and tasks with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate professionally on client calls and via email.
- Actively collaborate with Indygo team members to align content creation with other ongoing initiatives.
- Creative, forward-thinking individual with the ability to come up with creative digital advertising solutions
- Comes up with new campaigns for clients across digital channels and articulates direction to team members
- Researches what leading brands are doing across social media, and pushes the standard at Indygo Marketing to deliver high quality campaigns to clients
- This role will be expected to be available to travel to locations across the USA and Internationally for video and photoshoots.